The total amount invested over the period of the FY2020 : 280 billion yen
Business Strategies of each Business Segment
- <Domestic business>
- Increase global competitiveness of Kyushu Plant.
- Fortify sales foundation in Tokyo metropolitan area, etc. for downstream business.
- Expand the environmental business by developing new business in growth segments.
- <US business>
- Fortify Cement manufacturing and supply system.
- Expand ready-mixed concrete business.
- <New overseas business bases>
- Development of new business bases by acquisition, etc.
- Develop new projects.
- Refine the system for improving and making decisions on existing projects.
- Increase e-scrap recycling.
- Increase process efficiency, Optimize the smelting business.
- <Copper & copper alloy products>
- Sell products meeting customer needs (Increase sales of terminal materials and new alloys, Develop high-performance plating).
- Promote alloy recycling.
- Make use of synergies with Luvata, Establish a global sales system.
- Expand sealing materials business.
- Fortify the manufacturing system of rolling business.
- Strengthen cost competitiveness of extrusion business.
Advanced Materials & Tools Business
- Enhance the power of solutions by industry oriented teams.
- Create key technologies through the Company's original development and open innovation.
- Promote local production for local consumption by reinforcing factories and using local vendors.
- Create synergy effect with MHTE.
- Reinforce Key Account strategy.
Electronic Materials & Components Business
- New products and sales expansion in IoT- related market (antenna modules, thermistor sensors, etc.)
- New products and sales expansion in next generation vehicle market (insulated substrates with high thermal conductivity, in-vehicle sensors, solar heat-ray shielding, etc.)
- Implement a selection and concentration strategy in rolling and processing businesses (shift to heat exchanger materials.)
- Respond to increased production of beverage bottle-cans and develop next-generation products
Detail of Medium-term Management Strategy and previous plans.
FY2018-2020 Medium-term Management Strategy
FY2015-2017 Materials Premium 2016 ~Challenge to become the world's leading business group~
FY2012-2014 Materials Premium 2013 ~Aiming for New Creation~
FY2008-2010 Break-through 1000
FY2006-2007 We can do 600